I have spent years searching for ways to improve my hair health AND make hair styling SUPER easy — see below for all of my best hair care tips for busy moms and their daughters!
Have you heard of Lilla Rose? I heard about them through some of my favorite blogs a few years ago and really wanted to try them.
I finally got my first flexi clips when I signed up to be a consultant with them in 2014. I got my consultant kit and fell in love with the flexi clips!
I am a very practical girl – I do not like to spend a lot of time fussing with my hair. But, I do like to feel feminine and elegant (if at all possible while being a busy mom).
The flexi clip helps get my hair out of my face and in place for a busy day ahead! I love it!
It is as simple as the “mom bun” but more elegant! My daughters can use the flexi clips and an otherwise “plain ponytail” becomes a cute hairstyle!
BEST Hair Care Tips For Busy Moms & Daughters
For reference, my hair is thin, yet coarse, and just below my shoulders.
- I use SOAPBOX Bamboo Shampoo & Conditioner Set for Thick & Shiny Hair from HERE and I have noticed a huge improvement in my hair growth and strength. I highly recommend it!
You can get a household cleaning kit on your first purchase from GroveCo. HERE.
- I use Organic Rosewater spray on my hair after every shower.
- I avoid using heat on my hair – hair dryer or curling iron. I let my hair air dry.
- I take collagen daily — my favorite is THIS KIND.
- I use a variety of hair accessories that are flexible, durable, comfortable, and gentle on hair from Lilla Rose.
Order from my Lilla Rose website HERE
Why You Should Buy Lilla Rose
Haircare & accessories for yourself, your mom, mil, sisters, daughters, grandmas, etc.!
- I love the Organic Rosewater spray. I use it after my shower to help style my hair and the scent is so gentle!
- Certified Organic Rose Water steam distilled Bulgarian rose petals create a lovely and delicate hydrosol spray.
- Use as a hair tonic to hydrate and to smooth the hair cuticles
- Use as a no-heat hair setting spray when combined with a Swerve UPin or other Lilla Rose “haircessory”
- Use as a facial toner daily for dry, aging or irritated skin
- Mist on your pillow or in the air to relax and calm the mind
- Mist on the neck and body for a soft romantic scent
- Spray Rose Water on your hair to keep it shiny and vitalized
- Spray on naturally curly hair to smooth out frizz and refresh curls
- Massage into your scalp to calm, moisturize and stimulate hair follicles
- Spray Rose Water on your face for an energizing boost of hydration in the morning, or a relaxing mist before bed
- When used to fight acne, remove makeup, or treat puffy eyes, spray Rose Water on cotton and gently wipe the skin
- Spray Rose Water directly on the areas you’d like to tone and hydrate
- Spray after a workout to cool and refresh
Flexi Clips & More!
- I love using a mini/xxs flexi clips to twist back the front/side of my hair. I use a sturdy and decorative Lilla Rose bobby pin in the same way sometimes, too.
- The xs flexi clip works great for a half-up or tails-up, while a small size works for a bun in my hair.
- An xxs or xs is a size that usually works for all hair types, either for short/fine/thin hair or for pulling back small sections in thick/long hair.
- Depending on the hairstyle you want to create, you can choose from SEVEN sizes of flexi clips!
- Our bobbies, hair bands, hair sticks, and other unique hairpins (u-pin, swerve pin, etc.) are sure to help you quickly style your hair!
My daughters each have their own Lilla Rose hairbrush and bamboo hair towel. This makes caring for their hair fun and helps them develop great grooming habits.
For my girls, I start them out by encouraging them to brush their hair twice per day – morning & evening. This helps their hair look nice, avoid extreme knots, and stay healthy-looking.
My daughters both have long but differently textured hair – one has thick, coarse hair and the other has thick, fine hair. Thick hair takes forever to dry so I knew they needed the bamboo hair towel to speed up drying time.
The flexi clips allow my girls to do quick ponytails, half-ups, or just pull their bangs/sides out of their faces. The styles are so pretty and work for church or farm chores!
My 3rd daughter has thick, soft hair that we keep short (pixie cut) due to her disabilities and needs. I like to use the Lilla Rose bobby pins to pull just her bangs when they start growing out back and they hold so well!
I have been amazed over the last several years how Lilla Rose hair products work for so many hair types, styles, and needs! The hair care of myself and my daughters has been made simple with these products and we highly recommend them!
What other hair care tips do you recommend?