“counting our blessings, seeking joy, and finding strength in Jesus to get through the temporal things because of hope in the eternal things” with 2 Corinthians 4 as our encouragement.
Hey friends! I am Clarissa R. West and I own this website & content. Scroll down to read more about me and what you’ll find here.
Cultivating a meaningful life at home.
You’ll find practical tips & biblical encouragement for the stay-at-home-life — marriage, homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading, thriving with medical/special needs children, & living with grief … from a mama like you who is just doing her best and praying it’s blessed.
Sign up to get your FREE 7 Biblical Word Studies For Homeschool Moms eBook and subscribe to our mailing list to receive weekly updates and our newsletter. I send a few emails per week. I love to connect with other mamas and welcome your emails in return!
More About Me
I am an
- (unashamed) follower of Jesus Christ
- (old-fashioned) housewife/homemaker
- (eclectic/relaxed) homeschool mom to 6 children
- (grieving) mom of 2 children in Heaven
- (blessed) old-world farm girl
- seeing how God works in our life (spiritual growth)
- at-home date nights with my husband (every night)
- learning as I teach my kids (through a lifestyle of learning)
- down-to-earth-real mamas (you!)
- a good “super” coffee (THM-S)
- books (especially the ones I read to my kids)
- writing (here).
- in a small house (1000sqft.)
- on 1-Acre
- 22-minutes from a major city (pop.20k)
- 2-minutes from a rural community (pop.2k)
- in the Pacific Northwest USA
I am blessed beyond comprehension, but life has not turned out the way I dreamed it would be!
- I lost my mom to cancer when I was 21
- many of our children have food allergies & medical/special needs from mitochondrial disorders & immune deficiencies
- our 5th child died 88-minutes after his birth in 2011
- I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Sarcoidosis in 2012
- our eldest daughter passed away in 2021 at 14-years-old
Through it all
- I have been led to the feet of Jesus where He has faithfully reminded me of my blessings & wiped away my tears, brought joy & purpose to my life, & given me new strength to stand… over & over again.
I work from home as
- an Independent Stylist for Lilla Rose – beautiful hair accessories and care including organic Rose Water Spray for hair & skin!
- an Independent Consultant for Usborne Books & More – non-fiction books, activity books, activity kits, + coloring books for all ages!
- an Independent Sales Consultant for Norwex – products backed by silver to create antibacterial cleaning cloths for face, body, and surfaces throughout the home + toothbrushes & more all-natural products!
- a Digital Content Creator – homemaking, homeschooling, Christian-living, homesteading products on my website & in my store!
88 minutes on Earth,
Eternity with Jesus,
Forever in our Hearts!