There are so many reasons why I love attending our local homeschool conference. If you have never been to one, you should find one near you and make plans to go!
Every state has at least one large, main homeschool conference. We attend the conference that is hosted by OCEANetwork (Oregon Christian Home Education Association Network) and takes place in Oregon since our state’s homeschool convention is too far away from where we live. 2023 dates are June 16-17! Join us!
Reasons To Attend Your Homeschool Conference
A Sense of Belonging
- Fellowship with homeschool family’s that we know & new families we meet.
- Surrounded by hundreds of homeschool parents and families.
- Brothers and sisters in Christ since our conference is Christian-based.
- Large families (not all, but most of the homeschooling families around here have several children).
- If I ever need a “tribe” or “village”, I’ll find it at the conference. In fact, I may only get together with my “people” in person while at the conference, but that’s okay (introverts unite, occasionally – that’s my style, lol).
- Veteran homeschool parents who understand.
- Veteran homeschool parent speakers deliver a powerful message.
- Newbie and “in the trenches” moms who understand!
- The overall positive message towards homeschooling, discipleship, family, and faith.
Get Up Close To The Homeschool Vendors
- Chat with the brand rep and/or the owner of homeschool-focused businesses.
- See the curriculum and/or products up close.
- Compare multiple curriculum choices.
- Develop lasting relationships with them (and as a blogger, form business partnerships, too!).
The Used Book Sale
- Our conference has a used book sale that includes textbooks, fiction/nonfiction books, educational DVDs, various other homeschool items, and all for every age/grade!
- You can sell your used homeschool curriculum, too!
So, I highly encourage you to attend your local homeschool convention. And, if you are in Washington or Oregon, then attend OCEANetwork’s homeschool conference! You will be blessed!
Homeschool Planning Help
A Simple Plan Homeschool Planner, Undated,
Dotted Journal Spiral Notebook – A5 Spiral Bullet Journals
Ballpoint Pens Black Retractable Ink Writing Pen Office 0.7mm Ball Point Pen for Journaling (6-count)
Aesthetic 2023 Greenery Desk Calendar – Runs until December 2023
bloom daily planners 2023 Calendar Year Desk/Wall
You Might Also Like…
How To Prepare For Your First Homeschool Convention
If you want to hear me speak at an online conference, you can get a lifetime VIP Pass to my sessions at the Homeschool Mom Summit: Winter Refresh Edition (you’ll get lifetime access to my TWO workshops, plus all of the amazing workshops with a focus on planning & productivity in your homeschool).
wes butler says
Very important to encourage Dads to attend.