Something all parents must ask themselves eventually is Homeschool vs. Public School – which is best? They must decide whether to teach their children at home or send them to a government establishment. If you are asking yourself that question now, this article is for you.
First of all, you should know where I stand and what we have chosen for our children’s education. But, this article is less about getting you to agree with me and more about getting you to think about your choice/decision.
Some moms automatically assume they can not homeschool their children and that’s that. I love this article that debunks all of the reasons why I (or any homeschool mom) can homeschool but you (any mom who does not homeschool) can not.
Our choice has been to home educate from the start and I promote homeschooling because I am passionate about it, want to encourage other moms to give it a try, or to find joy in the journey if they’ve already started. However, it is not really about homeschool vs. public school – it is about doing what’s best for your children.
- Yes, I am convicted about homeschooling and I do believe it is the best and only way to educate my children. I have posted on the why behind us homeschooling before, and have used scripture to back up my conviction.
- Of course, I would NOT be homeschooling if I did not think, believe, & know in my heart that it is the best, right, & the only way to educate my children.
And YOU wouldn’t send your kids to public school unless you thought it was the best, right, and the only way for your kids to be educated, right? Every parent should only be doing what they know to be best/right for their kids because that is how God designed us!
So, how do we decide between the two options? As Christian parents, we should look to the only Words that matter.
The Homeschool vs. Public School Answers
Homeschool vs. Public School – which is best? Let God Decide!
- Read the book of Deuteronomy & other scripture to learn more about the importance of teaching our children the ways of God.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”Ephesians 6:4 “… bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”
- I do believe that every mom (and dad, but I am speaking to women here) is capable of home educating her child(ren).
- I believe God has equipped every mom with that ability.
- I believe moms choose whether that is a task they want to take on.
- I believe that it takes hard work & sacrifice like most things in life that matter.
Homeschool vs. Public School – which do you choose? Because there IS a choice to be made – just make sure you know WHY you are choosing whatever it is you choose.