— If you want convenient, easy, and safe I recommend: HE Ultra Power Plus™ Laundry Detergent. This highly concentrated, superior stain-fighting powder contains biodegradable surfactants and is free from phosphates and fillers. Designed for both high-efficiency (HE) and conventional washing machines, this formula whitens whites, brightens brights and dissolves grease and grime. Safe on all fabrics, including hand-washables and microfiber. —
Best Homemade Laundry Soap Ingredients – Everything you Need To Get Started!
Anchor Hocking Montana Glass Jar with Airtight Lid, Brushed Metal, 1.5 GallonARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, 13.5 PoundArm & Hammer Natural detergent booster and freshener Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster & Household Cleaner, 55 ozDr. Woods Natural Pure Castile Bar Soaps made with Moisturizing Organic Shea Butter, 5.25 Ounce Bars Variety 10 PackLavender Essential Oil – 30 ml by BeeyoutifulTea Tree Essential Oil – 30 mlLemon Essential Oil – 1 fl oz. by Beeyoutiful
I calculated the cost of the ingredients that I used and came up with an approximate cost per load.
- baking soda per 4 cups = $0.97 (I bought mine from Costco)
- washing soda per 3 cups = $2.43 (I bought mine from Walmart)
- organic castile soap per bar/2 cups = $3.29 You can buy Dr. Woods pre-scented bar soap for cheaper ($2.99/bar) to bring the cost down and omit the essential oil drops
- essential oil drops = not sure, but it cost less than $17 for a 4oz, bottle of my favorite brand of Eucalyptus essential oil and that lasts for a VERY long time!
- total = $6.69 per recipe batch (30+ loads) -about half as much as what I had been buying!
- 22.3 cents per load
This is a small batch recipe that makes approximately 30 loads if using 2 tablespoons per load. This amount can fit in a 64-ounce (a half gallon) container. Walmart has adorable glass containers with lids and 2 tablespoon size measuring spoons (coffee scoop). I just used an old gallon jar that I had, since I’ll probably make double batches from now on.