With cooler weather here, a cozy feeling home is just a must-have. It may be different for some, but there are a few things that make a cozy home during autumn & winter months. If you feel like your home needs some coziness, this list is a quick fix!
Favorite Cozy Home Items We Love!
Aromis Wood and Glass Aromatherapy Diffuser – Orbis Nox VitisBandito Blend Essential Oils for Immune Boosting – 15mlPeppermint Essential Oil – 30 mlPrecious MemoriesPrecious Memories: Vol. IILEGO Classic Creative Bricks 10692 Building Blocks, Learning ToyBeric the Briton – The Extraordinary Adventures of G.A. HentyChef’s Secret cast iron tea potGodiva Hot Chocolate with Mug Gift Set | Perfect for Coffee, Tea, and Hot Cocoa with Milk Cocoa included (1.1 oz)
How To Make A Cozy Home
- Pandora Music – something about having music playing in the background makes a home feel cozy. Especially if it is Christmas or country Gospel music!
- Diffusing Essential Oils – smells evoke a multitude of emotions & memories. For me, the smell of cloves, cinnamon, and peppermint bring me back to the Holiday seasons of my childhood when my mom did a lot of baking for Thanksgiving & Christmas. And the smell of fir and cedarwood revives the coziness of the wood burning stove from my childhood. Diffusing these Essential Oils make my house smell wonderful and homey. And it’s good for us, too!
- Beef Soup – there is nothing like a bowl of steaming hot beef broth with meat and veggies! Pair it with freshly baked bread… YUM!! Check out my 10 Cold Weather Meals post!
- Bake Bread – the smell of bread baking (or some similar bakery) is the essence of a cozy home. Plus, with cooler weather, it is the best time of year to stock up on home-baked goods of all types!
- Quiet Play – when the house is quieter, it feels cozier. Having the children spend some time reading books, playing with building bricks, or some other form of quiet play will give you a sense of “all is well in my home”.
- Family Activity – listen to an audio drama together. Nothing like getting the whole family together in the living room to give you that cozy-homey-peaceful feeling!
- Wood Burning Stove – if you have a wood burning stove, then you are so lucky! To me, that is the ultimate in “coziness”!
- Hot Drinks – hot chocolate, tea, coffee… cozy up with a hot drink and book and relax in your living room while music plays in the background, essential oils are diffusing, beef soup is simmering, bread baking, children play on the floor with Lego bricks, and the wood stove is crackling! Or any variation of the above ideas. 😉
How do you make a cozy home?