I have so many reasons to enjoy fall because it has always been my favorite season. September especially is my favorite month.
I am sure it stems from the fact that it is my birthday month and as a child that was always something to look forward to. Add in the excitement of starting a new school year and you can see why I would love fall!
As an adult, September and fall are still my favorite time of the year, but for many more reasons!
- I love the turn of the weather into cooler days.
- I love having a yummy beef stew simmering on the stove top and baking muffins without worrying about heating up my kitchen.
- I love wearing boots and warm sweaters.
- I love fall colors: for clothes, decor, and in nature.
- I love how cozy my house feels when it is cold outside.
- I love diffusing seasonal essential oils.
Confession: I love food. I really love the foods that are in-season in fall. Sweet Potato fries from our local burger joint, pumpkin spice coffee drinks, and all that comes with the up-coming Holiday season! Yum! This year I have been wanting to try some savory pumpkin recipes (<— a list of 31 sweet & savory pumpkin recipes). Something about putting pumpkin in a hearty chili just sounds right!
I know that with the turn of the weather and less sunshine, some of us can start feeling a little down and out. However, there are so many reasons to enjoy fall! Let’s count the reasons!
A Few Of My Favorite Fall Accessories!
Sidefeel Women Open Front Cardigan Sweater Button Down Knit Sweater Coat Large GreenAnnabelle Women’s 3/4 Sleeve Round Neck Shirring Above Waist Long Maxi Dress with Side Pockets Burnt OrangeTickled Pink Women’s Striped Game Day T-Shirt Infintiy Scarf, Burnt Orange, One SizeTOMS Women’s Esme Leather Bootie, Size: 5 B(M) US, Color: Burnt Henna LeatherNew Designed Wood Owls Welcome SignHome Soft Things BOON Knitted Tweed Throw Couch Cover Blanket, 50 x 60, Burnt Orange
Reasons To Enjoy Fall | Counting Our (autumn)Blessings
- fall party (a family tradition)
- crackling fires
- woodsy scents
- fresh, crisp mornings
- hot chocolate
- hot coffee (I am usually an iced coffee drinker, but when cold weather comes, I enjoy a hot coffee!)
- soups and stews and chili
- shorter days (yes, there can be blessings in this… for example, my husband has shorter work days because is job is dependent on daylight.)
- beautiful scenery
- pumpkin… everything (bars, muffins, cake, chili, soup, lattes, etc.)
- cool weather
- falling leaves
- sweet potato fries
- school starting fresh
- rain (sometimes)
- Holiday prep
- fall décor and colors (love the earthiness of it all!)
- nuts coming into season
- the coziness of fall gives us more reasons to play games as a family (just something about gathering around our kitchen table with snacks and a board game)
- more time spent reading with my kids (between school read-a-louds and afternoons spent indoors)
What would you add to the list?