I have been praying about Choosing A Word And Goals For The Year. The word itself has no power over the year ahead, but the process of choosing it does make a difference in my life. It causes me to pause, to ponder, to pray, to think about the last year and contemplate what I would like the next year to be.
First and foremost, I want 2016 to be exactly what my Lord wills it to be. I do not want any single thing to happen without the Lord’s blessing. I do not want to desire or chase after any single thing that is not of Him and for Him. I pray that my “goals” and my hopes for the future will be transformed into what God already knows to be best for me, my family, and our life!
Choosing A Word And Goals For The Year – 2016
Several words came to mind as I thought about what I’d like to study, meditate on, and pray over in 2016. Intentional, Grow, Rest, Contentment. In the end, I have come to a word that can encompass all of those to some extent. My Word for 2016 is Bloom.
“Bloom Where You Are Planted” — that holds a lot of meaning for me. I have always strived to bloom where I am at in my life. To accept. To embrace.
In 2016, I want to Bloom in every area of my life: in my faith, in my marriage, as a mom, in our homeschool, as a homemaker, as a friend, my health, and in all areas of my business.
I don’t want to seek or expect more. I just want to take what I have been given and nurture it, embrace it, and let it Bloom.
A few ways I plan to #BloomIn2016 :
– Spend time reading the Bible and journaling my thoughts & prayers every day.
– Be a more JOYful wife and show my husband how important he is to me.
– Be kinder, more intentional with character training, and play more with my kids.
– Make our homeschool more fun, so that learning is more fun for my kids.
– Joyfully do my homemaking tasks.
– Reach out to my long-lost friends, cultivate new friendships.
– Take daily supplements that I know make me feel better, Eat healthier, Be more active.
My scripture for the year: