Welcome to the All About Teaching Language Arts For Homeschool Moms Series!
This series is meant to encourage and prepare moms to teach language arts at home to their children using almost any program.
- My approach to teaching language arts is very loosely based on the Spalding method which I have adapted to meet our needs as a large homeschooling family who embraces a lifestyle of learning.
- My goal is to show you how to teach yourself language arts so that you can teach your children language arts – while instilling a love of learning in your children.
- You will learn how to be intentional in language arts instruction so that you are prepared and able to utilize almost any language arts curriculum to your benefit.
- You may even realize you can create your own curriculum using the simplest and cheapest materials like notebooks and pencils!
- I recommend that you teach language arts to your children by example as soon as possible as an extension of parenting.
The levels in this series could be grouped into 2 parts:
- How to teach pre-reading and post-reading language arts studies. A thorough understanding of all levels is important when teaching language arts to your children.
- The first 4 levels are all about prepping and laying down the language arts foundation.
- The remaining levels are all about building the walls of the language arts house.
- The “roof” of language arts is built as you use and continue to develop your language arts skills throughout life.
Find the entire series below …
All Of The Materials You Need To Teach Language Arts At Home
Mead Spiral Notebook 1-Subject College Ruled, Pastel Color (Pack of 8)BIC Velocity Side Clic Mechanical Pencil, Medium Point (0.7mm), 4-CountAmerican Dictionary of the English Language (1828 Facsimile Edition)American Dictionary of the English Language (1828 Edition)ABC Alphabet – Cursive Chart & Manuscript Poster – LAMINATED 2 Poster Set (LAMINATED, 18 x 24)EZRead Jumbo Plastic Magnetic Letters – Lowercase
All About Learning & Teaching Language Arts For Homeschool Moms: A 10-Part Series
More Tips From Homeschool Mom Bloggers …