Thursday, January 3, 2013
Lexi from Lextin Academy has nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award!
Here is my Liebster Award!!! Thank you Lexi!
Want to know more about Liebster??
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "liebster" is German for "favorite"
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
My 11 Facts:
1. I am number 7 of 10 children.
2. I have 5 sisters.
3. My mom died from breast cancer when I was just shy of 22-years-old.
4. I am pregnant with our 7th child and our oldest is 7-years-old.
5. I want to move to southern Idaho and live on some acreage.
6. I can't grow anything, but would love a bountiful garden.
7. We use only Bible names for our children's first names.
8. I have a child in Heaven.
9. I love making a budget and paying bills each month (especially when we have enough $$ to do so!). My husband doesn't enjoy either, so it's always been my job... he makes fun of how I always have to put a "name on every penny".
10. I believe God should come first in every aspect of life.
11. I strongly believe in being my husband's help meet (it's not always easy, but so worth it).
Here are the questions Lexi asked and my answers:
1. Who or what inspired you to homeschool? Several things: First and foremost, I feel called by God. My daughter, Abigail. My mom who homeschooled her children off and on. My own experiences in public and private schools as a child.
2. What is your favorite book? The Bible, Janette Oke books, Laura Ingalls Wilder books.
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? English grammar/the art of writing. I love words.
4. Where would you go on your dream vacation? My husband and I dream of going to a private island. I have always wanted to visit the castles of Germany, but have a fear of flying over the ocean... lol.
5. What is your favorite game to play with your kids? "I spy with my little eye"
6. What is your least favorite household chore? Folding clean clothes. They pile up before I get around to doing them. *blush*
7. What is your proudest achievement? I don't feel overly "proud" of any particular thing I've ever done, but in terms of things I've accomplished... I completed a college course in writing (6 college level credits) in 2007 and got my GED in 2010.
8. What is something you've said or done that you always said you would never do or say? I always said I would never live in a city. We have been in the city for about 20 months now. And enjoying it for the most part (but for the record, I will never live in an apartment! ha!)
9. What surprises you most about your child or children? How different each one is.
10. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you choose? Alpaca.
11. What trait of yourself do you see most prominently displayed in your children? Perfectionism (not a great thing!)
Here are the blogs I'm nominating for The Liebster Award!! I am choosing fellow homeschoolers this time around.
1. Elisa at Pioneer Girl at Heart
2. Missy at Where He Leadeth
3. Mindy at To Everything There Is A Season
4. Amanda at Miracles Do Happen
5. Christine at Little Miss Doodlepunk
6. Ronda at Stuff and Nonsense
7. Sarah at My Joy-filled Life
8. Beth at Ozark Ramblings
9. Renata at Sunnyside Farm
10. Marla at Sincerely Home
11. Hillary at Our Homschool Studio
And here are my 11 questions for you!
1. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
2. What is one prayer that God answered in your life and how?
3. What one goal (hope, dream, prayer) do you have for 2013?
4. What one thing do you hope to instill in your children?
5. What do you do to relax or de-stress?
6. In what area/subject are you most creative with your homeschooling?
7. What is one thing you learned from homeschooling your children?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
9. What is our favorite homeschool curriculum?
10. Do you speak or teach a foreign language?
11. Where is your favorite place to vacation as a family?
Most Popular Posts
What I write about...
life kids family Jesus homeschooling Abigail Josiah Elijah O'neil grief pregnancy Cyrene mom Blog Every Day In May 2013 Hadassah Marcus Reviews healthy lifestyle misc. mitochondrial disease blogging through the alphabet homebirth natural living Sarcoidosis marriage recipes crafts earning money from home writing Abigail's Wish Fingerprint Friday allergy-free food food allergies science The Phonics Road blog cruise curriculum language arts math Math U See history Olympas Random 5 on Friday Usborne books and More affiliates blog design foreign language spanish Snapshot Saturday music pre-school awards books date night giveaways